Thursday, September 22, 2016

Welcome message!

Hello and welcome to my blog on dementia. Let me start by warning you that this may not be updated every day or even every week. I recommend subscribing to my blog via Feedly. This way you'll get the news when I post. However, I will do everything in my power to keep you informed.

You see, I am presently a caregiver whose mother who has moderately advanced dementia. I am blessed though for a number of reasons. First, I'm an early-retired nurse with 25 years experience and I even specialized, for a time, with Alzheimer's and worked at a renowned (as well as elite) Alzheimer's center located in Atlanta, Georgia.

I am fully aware of the challenges we all face and the love we have for those afflicted, but also the frustration that fill us at times. Let us be honest and real about this. It takes patience and a great deal of love to deal with this horrible disease, and I'm not just talking about Alzheimer's. I'm talking about any types of dementia and believe me, there is a long list of them from alcohol induced to Dewey Body to just about anything you can think of.

This will be a journey for both myself and you. Please join me and share your thoughts and tips with me. Though I am a nurse, I too need encouragement. We all do. Let us build a support network so that we can deal with issues, or at least realize we're not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting your thoughts. As soon as I have time, it's hard caring for dementia loved ones, I will check your message and approve it so long as it meets my criteria. Unless you're spamming or yelling, it'll be approved.